Monday, June 9, 2014

#ManiMonday: Peacock Blues

Happy Mani Monday, everyone!

I just wanted to share a few quick snaps of my Monday mani - bright blue with a peacock feather accent! Take that, Monday blues!


The following is a quick little tutorial for how you can create a peacock feather mani of your own.

I started with Julep's new Oxygen Smoothing Base Coat that came in my June Maven box. So far I am liking it, though the jury's still out in terms of long-term effects to my nails. I painted my ring fingers with Julep Jet and the rest of my digits with Julep Ally, one of my old favorites! It's the perfect shade of bright, shimmery, frosty blue.

Inspiration. Source: World HD Wallpaper



To create the feather accent, I used my PliĆ© Wand with the striping brush and dotting tool attachments. I started by adding quick, thin swipes of Julep Cindy up my nail using the striping brush. I then added in a few swipes of Julep Goldie near the tips.

Once I had my feathery bits completed, I used the dotting tool to create an oval shape using Julep Natalia, a new color from the June Boho Glam box. I gave it a few moments to dry and then added a smaller dot of Julep Ally.

After finishing the basic feather components, I went back with my striping brush and Julep Jet to define it a bit. I traced the edge of my pink Natalia shape to make it pop, and I added in some black stripes near the tips where I thought there wasn't enough definition. That's it!

A chic, metallic rainbow of Julep!
I gave the polish some time to dry, then I topped it off with Julep's new Oxygen Performance top coat. I used this top coat with my donut mani as well, and I really liked it. No chips in the 3 days I wore it, and it dried quickly and with a nice shine! I think this is a top coat I'll definitely be reaching for a lot.


What are you wearing on your nails for #ManiMonday? I'd love to see! Comment below or reach out via Instagram or Twitter - you can tag me using @iamkrisredmond. If you feel inspired to recreate your own peacock feather nails, use #polishmefab so I can see what you come up with!

Hope everyone can beat the Monday blues today. :)

xoxo
Kris

Disclosure: This post contains a referral link, which means that if you click on that designated link and sign up for a Julep Maven subscription, I'll receive a referral credit in my account. I appreciate the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment