Sunday, June 1, 2014

Catching Up: Goodbye, May!

Hello, Polish-Loving Internet Perusers!

Can you believe it's already June 1st? May seemed to fly by! My hubby and I moved to a new apartment last weekend, so we have been busy little bees with limited access to the Internet. We are getting our FIOS set up on Tuesday, though - yay! 

Trying to blog from work or my cell phone is not ideal, so I decided to do a quick catch-up post now to show you what has been going on in my ManiLand over the last week.

Those of us in the U.S. celebrated Memorial Day on Monday. I was busy moving most of the weekend, but I did a quick holiday-themed mani before we left for a BBQ at our friends' house. I layered Julep Fireworks (not currently available for sale) over Julep Char for an easy, festive look! 

Julep Fireworks over Julep Char.
My polishes paired nicely with my Dream Weaver! Blouse: Old Navy (old; similar here, here, here, and here).


Since my mani was primarily blue and fairly dark for this time of year, I did a pedi with Julep Rose to balance it out. I love this color on my toes - super summery!

Kicking back. Polish: Julep. Shoes: Target (old; similar here). Jeans: Old Navy.

Once the Memorial Day festivities were over, I decided to go for something girlier, so I tried out Julep Soraphine with one of my new favorite polishes, Julep Maddy. To create this look, I layered dots of Maddy between layers of Soraphine, allowing the pink dots to dry before adding another coat of Soraphine.
Pink: Julep Maddy. White: Julep Soraphine.

This weekend, I recreated the chevron French mani that Julep posted a tutorial for on their blog. I used their Plié Wand and striping brush tool (available as part of their Creativity Kit) to create the tips. The base is Julep Dendrie, and the tips were done using Julep Taylor (not currently available for sale). It took a couple nails to get the technique down, but once I got the hang of it, I finished pretty quickly!

Pre-top coat. Base: Julep Dendrie. Tips: Julep Taylor.
Finished look with Julep's Freedom Polymer Top Coat.

So that's what I've been up to this week! With no Internet to distract me, I was itching to change my mani every couple of days. I took my polish off last night to give my nails a day to breathe. Now I need to find some inspiration and decide what to put on them tonight!

What did you rock on your nails this weekend? Let me know in the comments! And if you decide to recreate any of these manis, use #PolishMeFab and/or tag me with @iamkrisredmond on Instagram or Twitter - I would love to see your take on them!

xoxo
Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment