Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Brand Spotlight: Triple Seven Polish

Hi Readers!

First of all, congratulations on making it through Monday. We're one day closer to the weekend! 

Today I wanted to tell you about an exciting new brand emerging on the indie polish scene. While I took these photos in the fall, I wanted to take a moment to share them now that the brand is gaining momentum. Tahlia approached me last year to see if I would like her to create a custom polish so I could try Triple Seven Polish, her new 5-free, hand-mixed line. I shared some colors and finishes I like, but I gave her creative license to come up with something for me. 


A Triple Seven Polish custom beauty.

Once I saw the finished product, I was able to give this little pretty a name. Anyone who knows me well will tell you that I love Jane Austen, and especially "Pride and Prejudice." It seemed fitting to give such a fun, vibrant polish a charming name from my favorite novel. I ended up choosing the line, "I dearly love a laugh."


Miss Elizabeth Bennett. Source: Tumblr


Fans of the book (and/or movies) will recognize this quote from an exchange between Elizabeth and Darcy: "Mr. Darcy is not to be laughed at!'' cried Elizabeth. "That is an uncommon advantage, and uncommon I hope it will continue, for it would be a great loss to me to have many such acquaintance. I dearly love a laugh.''

ANYWAY, enough about my Austen obsession...

I Dearly Love a Laugh is a gorgeous pinky purple with red, peach, and blue glitters. To give it some extra pizzazz, Tahlia added some gold shimmer and a touch of holo. 
I had been sent some images ahead of time, so I knew I would love the color, but it exceeded my expectations once I started playing with it.

Photos taken in the morning sun.

I was seriously impressed with the polish. I loved the formula, as it was not too sheer, but thin enough that I could build to the opacity I wanted. I could have stuck with two coats, but I went with three, since I wanted the color to look richer. The polish also wasn't goopy; it was very easy to apply. The brush was great too, so I didn't have to do a lot of clean-up afterward. Bonus!


I dearly love a laugh... and this polish!

The polish really is lovely. I liked the amount of shimmer and the subtlety of the glitters in the purple base. They show through but don't take away from the base color. Also, the wear was amazing. My tips tend to chip and crack quickly - within a day or two - since I type all day and am not easy on my nails (you know, laundry, playing with the dog, opening packages, LIFE). I applied this polish on a Sunday evening, and I only had minor chips on two nails when I took it off on Thursday night! I used the Cult Nails Get It On base coat and Wicked Fast top coat for this mani.



Verdict: WIN! It's clear that Tahlia has a passion for the craft and has put a lot of time, effort, and research into creating a quality product. I am really looking forward to seeing what she has been dreaming up and mixing up in preparation for the next Triple Seven Polish collection. She currently offers polishes that have formulas similar to my custom as well as holos!

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE - did you know you can order your own Triple Seven custom polish? If you have been dreaming up your perfect polish but haven't found "the one" yet, check out the Custom Color listing in the Triple Seven Polish store. Tahlia will work with you to come up with a one-of-a-kind polish just for you!

You can purchase Triple Seven Polish on Storenvy, and be sure to check out the Triple Seven Polish Facebook for updates, sneak peek photos, and other fun stuff! You can also catch Tahlia and Triple Seven on TwitterInstagram, and Pinterest.

Have you tried any Triple Seven Polishes? Are you looking forward to seeing more from Triple Seven? Do you dearly love I Dearly Love a Laugh? I know I do! Let me know in the comments below!

xoxo
K



No comments:

Post a Comment